Good day bloggers!
I've been M.I.A. lately because I've had a lot going on. I'm moving at the beginning of April to the UK for 16 months. So as you can imagine, it seems like I am never finished doing all the little things and tying up all the loose ends that need to be tied.
Today, I wanted to post about a love letter I had written to myself months ago. It was part of a 30 day challenge meant to help better you as a person. It had you looking at different aspects of your life and completing exercises corresponding with that days challenge. This was done on a blog I previously had but have since gotten rid of, however, I wanted to share the letter that I wrote for one of those exercises.
That day, the exercise was to write a love letter to your future self. We were asked to write the letter electronically and then submit it to this site which would then ask us how far in the future we wanted to receive the letter. The exercise called for us to check off the 6 month mark which would give us enough time to forget about the letter and get on with our lives.
I followed what was asked and wrote a love letter to my future self and post marked it for 6 months. I then promptly forgot about the letter. Not because you were supposed to, but because I tend to forget things after about a week if it's not constantly in my face.
So, imgine my surprise when I opened my inbox last month to find an email from FutureMe.org. At first, I was going to just delete it without opening the message because I've been wary of emails from people I do not know as my computer had gotten a virus a week before and was completely wiped. But as I sat and stared at my screen, I couldn't help but feel that I knew the address. Then it all clicked! The love letter I had written so many months ago for the challenge was written through FutureMe.
I proceeded to open the email and read what I had written to myself. It made me smile. I would love to say that I accomplished everything I had set out to do, but that would be a lie. The last six months have not been a total bust though and I will update about that in the next post. For now though, here is the love letter that I had written to the future me:
Aug. 8, 2011
Dear future LadyM,
Congratulations on all the progess you've made so far! You have had many struggle to overcome in the last 6 months on the journey to better yourself but you have kept your head up and worked through everything that came your way. You now have even more to be grateful for in each area of your life, including the following...
When it comes to lifestyle, you love that you have actually stuck to your workout plan and are seeing the changes that are gradually happening to bring you to a better, healthier you. You have also kept up your wonderful eating habits and have learned to actually like spinach! Surprise, surprise.
When it comes to work, you love that you have finally learned to not let the little things at work stress you out. You have also learned that work place politics will always be there but that you do not have to be a part of the problem.
On the topic of education, you love that you are still persuing your dream to become a teacher and that you are doing the best you can when it comes to school. You love that you have learned to not procrastinate as you used too and to actually put in more work on your part because you know that you can achieve your goals. You are looking forward to finally completing your degree and getting your career started.
When it comes to your finances, you love that you are still able to balance your accounts and are not living paycheque to paycheque. You are also doing wonderfully well with saving up a nest egg for any emergencies that may arise and you love the feeling of not having to worry about money all the time.
When it comes to your health, you love that you continue to eat as well as you can and have cut out the majority of the sugars that were once a staple in your diet. You have continued to eat more fruits and veggies and are continuing on the track to a better you.
Oh family, where to begin? You love that your relationship with your mother is improving as the days pass. It may not be where it once was but it is improving and you are putting more of an effort into fixing things the way she is also making an effort with you. You are still as close as ever with your brother and sister and thank God for them every day. You also remain close to your grandmother despite the problems you and he may have had in the past.
When it comes to your relationships, you have grown stronger and know what you will and will not put up with when it comes to finding a partner. You have learned not to settle and that you ARE worth it and if he cannot see that, he is not worth your time. You have come far in learning to appreciate yourself and bettering your relationship with yourself. You still have to work on it daily but you have learned to accept yourself for who you are, finally.
Your life is so much better now and it is all because of your hard work and perseverance. Keep it up and you'll go far!
Love Always,
LadyM xx
No comments:
Post a Comment