14 November 2011

Dating Diary: Ken

As you may know, I had a date last week. It was with a guy I met on an online dating site. We'll call him Ken.

Ken is 30, employed and seems to have his head on his shoulders. We had been speaking on the phone for about 5 days before we went out. Now, all seems well with Ken, except, he asked me out but I was the one who had to plan what to do. First of all, I want to be woo'ed. I want to have a guy ask me on a date and plan it as well. Now don't get me wrong, I'd have no problem if we veered a bit off course during the date but it would be nice to have him actually put in the effort to plan A date. Period. That's a big strike with me when it comes to dating. I'm all for equality and what have you, but I'd still like the guy to put in an effort when it comes to dating me.

Ken also asked me out again for yesterday but here's the kicker - he was on-call for work. I knew he was on-call so I asked what he had in mind and he said, and I quote, "nothing. I'm on-call so we can just hang out at my place". Now, I'm not a prude, however, I do not find it appropriate for me to go and "hang out" at a man's place when it would effectively be the second time I'd be seeing him. A 'date' if you could call it that. I politely turned him down and he followed up with telling me that he'd really like to see me again. I told him that that is fine, however, he needs to plan an actual date and then ask me out. I've been very upfront with him from the get-go as well so he knows I'm not looking to jump into a relationship anytime soon. Maybe that's why he thought it would be a good idea to suggest a second date at his place doing nothing but hanging out?

I'm very picky when it comes to dating and I don't think that there is anything wrong with that at all. I simply know what I want and refuse to settle for anything less. Although, as of right now, I'm not looking for a relationship or anything, just simply dating but dating done right. There is still way too much going on with me to validate me entering a relationship. A lot of 'white noise', if you will, when it comes to men in my life. I need to sort through all of that first and foremost before even thinking about entering into a new relationship.

The story of the other men who are playing an act in my life at the moment, I will save for another post at another time. Until then, I will continue to try this whole "dating thing" and just have fun with it all. I am going to put the majority of my focus on me and get myself to where I need to be once again.

Toodles! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment